Friday, October 11, 2013

Stealing Moments

One of my biggest challenges with time management and productivity is thinking that I don't have a big enough chunk of time to accomplish something meaningful.

While I know in my head that isn't necessarily true, I use it as a justification to myself to browse Pinterest or Ravelry (or Facebook, or Instagram... you get the picture) to fill time instead of doing something productive (like folding laundry.. ugh how I loathe this task).

Since starting this challenge, I've been trying to be more aware of how I utilize my time. I'm the first to say that I don't have enough time to do {insert task here}, but I sure do know how to fill those little bubbles of time up with nothing.

Which leads me to this.


Yes, it's just a dish cloth. But it's a dish cloth that I knitted this week in tiny snippets of time. Time waiting for Ryan to get in the car in the mornings (we carpool). Time in line at the grocery store. Time waiting for my oatmeal to cook in the morning. Sure, I was only able to manage a few stitches here, a row there.

But in all those stolen moments, I made something. Something useful, for our home. One of my goals this year has been to add more handmade touches to our home. Finally doing that feels so good.

For those of you that care about such things, I used the Grandma's Favorite Dish Cloth pattern (available for free on Ravelry) and the yarn is Knit Picks Dishie in the Coffee colorway.

Want to read more about my journey during 31 Days of Don't Think, Just Do? You can view the entire series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment