Friday, September 13, 2013

Insta-Friday

   This has been a week of getting back into the groove. We were out of town for the Labor Day weekend, and it is taking me forever to get back into a routine and catch up on my sleep. Who am I kidding? I am so not caught up on my sleep yet. I am obviously not as young as I used to be. Things like staying up until all hours dancing and singing at a music festival for three days straight is not something I can do anymore without suffering the consequences for days, no, WEEKS on end.
 
 When we got back from our weekend away, this is what was waiting for us. So grateful for the food our garden provides, but a little bit overwhelmed, too.
 
 
I obviously needed a LOT of coffee to get through that pile of vegetable goodness. Thank goodness Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back. Iced, of course, because it was still 90 degrees outside..   
 
  These beauties were destined for the food dehydrator. But I had to look at them for a solid 5 minutes first. They were just so pretty. Is that weird?


Tomatoes, sliced and ready for the food dehydrator. This takes forever, people. Seriously, I'm talking 36 hours forever. But the results are so worth it.  
 



 
Lots more tomatoes were made into marinara and canned. I have been tinkering with my recipe for years. I think I finally nailed it. Which means you'll be seeing it here soon. I wouldn't hold out on you.


Capped off the week with my third Stitch Fix shipment. The first one was ok, the second one, terrible (I sent everything back). This one? Nailed it. I kept every single piece.
 
This was kind of a tough week. I'm really looking forward to having zero plans this weekend. Hopefully Ryan and I can just chill and recharge our batteries a little bit.
 
I decided to link up with jeannett at liferearranged.com. I always enjoy her roundup of Instagram photos. It's such a great way to celebrate the beauty in the everyday. Head on over there to see what everyone else is up to on Insta-Friday!
 




4 comments:

  1. Would love to see your marinara recipe. My mom has been canning jars upon jars of salsa from our community garden harvest. Really glad I thought to plant that jalapeno plant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, thanks for stopping by! We've been canning LOTS of salsa lately too. I guess that's what we get for planting 13 tomato plants... I should have that marinara recipe up next week!

      Delete
    2. Hi Andrea, just wanted to let you know that my marinara recipe is up!

      http://www.thehomesteadchronicles.blogspot.com/2013/09/preserving-harvest-marinara.html

      Delete
  2. What a great bounty of tomatoes. That sauce looks amazing!

    I hope you have a nice restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete